WELCOME TO KIDS CANCER CARE
Welcome to Kids Cancer Care and our online family registration form. We care deeply about the health and safety of your children. To ensure we have the most current information to serve your children, families must complete a new family registration each year. Thank you for helping us keep your children safe and healthy.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER
We have made important changes to our online registration form that will require a bit more of your time. These important changes will ensure that we have all the right information to properly care for your child(ren).
- Waivers, PRN and medication forms are all included in the online form, so no need to email or fax additional documents
- Each parent planning to participate in programs must complete a separate registration form
Please allow yourself at least 15 to 20 minutes to complete the online forms.
Please read through all the registration steps before beginning.
1. Collect necessary information
Please have this information on hand to facilitate your online registration. The system will boot you out after several minutes of inactivity, so its best to have all your information ready before beginning. You will need:
- Alberta Health Card number for each child
- Immunization records for each family member
- List of camp programs and session dates your children wish to attend; you can find these on our SUMMER CAMP PAGE
2. Complete the online family registration form
- ALL families must complete a 2019 online family registration
- Before submitting your registration, the form will prompt you to select one of the following:
- A summer camp session
- Family registration 2019
- PLEASE NOTE:
- When you select a "summer camp session" for your kids, the system automatically registers you as a Kids Cancer Care family for 2019
- If your children are under the age of three and not attending summer camp, but are interested in attending other Kids Cancer Care programs, please select the option "family registration 2019"
- If your children are not attending summer camp or if you are unsure at this time, please select the "family registration 2019" option (you may register for summer camp at a later date by emailing us)
- Once you have gathered all the necessary information, click this link to begin registering: FAMILY REGISTRATION FORM
3. Complete the online parent registration form
- Parents planning to participate in family or parent programs, must complete a parent registration form
- Each parent must complete a separate registration form
- Click here to begin registering now: PARENT REGISTRATION FORM
4. Complete the physician evaluation form (camp only)
- If your child is on treatment or has received treatment in the last 12 months, please have your child's primary oncologist or hematologist complete and sign a physician evaluation form
- Please download PHYSICIAN EVALUATION FORM and bring it to your next hospital appointment
- Once you have completed the online registration form you will receive an email confirmation, indicating that your family is registered
- You will receive bi-weekly email notifications on our current program offerings
- If you registered for summer camp, in MAY, you will receive an email confirmation, detailing bus arrival and departure times, a list of camp activities, a packing list and camp contact numbers
- If your child requires 1:1 assistance or extra support while at camp, the deadline to register is May 10th, 2019. If you register past this date, we cannot guarantee we will be able to find the support for your child. If you have any questions or concerns about 1:1 camper registration please contact MacKenzie Murawsky, nursing manager.
CAMP KINDLE IS AN ACCREDITED ONCOLOGY CAMP
Kids Cancer Care is committed to operating Camp Kindle with the best practices in the oncology camping field. We are the only Alberta cancer camp that is accredited by the following accrediting bodies:
The standards of excellence prescribed by these organizations are the standard operating protocols used at Camp Kindle for our oncology programs and our Camp Kindle rental programs. Look for the following camp accreditation logos to ensure the camp facilities and programs are operating with best practice for health and safety.
Kids Cancer Care strives to accommodate all registered families in the programs they choose; however, when space is limited we employ a priority system, which gives priority to children and families who are recently diagnosed, recently bereaved or who have never before attended the program. Thank you for understanding.