ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Kids Cancer Care accepts applications from young leaders between the ages of 16 and 17 who are interested in participating in our Leadership Exchange program with Camp Oochigeas in Muskoka, Ontario.
There are two spots open in this exchange program, which is offered free of charge through generous donor support at Camp Ooch. Kids Cancer Care will provide return airfare to the successful candidates. The selected teens will be required to pre-register with Camp Ooch similar to registering for Kids Cancer Care summer camps. During the exchange program candidates will have the opportunity to attend a two-week Leader-in-Training program. Upon arriving in Toronto, the teens will be under the care and supervision of Camp Oochigeas staff.
Successful candidates will attend:
Leaders in Training (LIT)
- Session 1: Saturday July 6th – Friday July 19th (piloting an extended leadership program)
- Session 2: Sunday July 21st – Friday August 1st
To be eligible, teens must
- Be 16 to 17 years of age
- Have or have had cancer
- Be a member of our Teen Leadership Program (or have participated in SunSeeker or our Leadership Development Program)
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible teens must submit the following to Ben Pointer at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Personal resume, detailing experience, education, leadership involvement and volunteer experience, along with a list of certifications
- Personal essay about yourself, describing your leadership experience and how you would benefit from the leadership exchange and how you plan to use the experience to help others in the future
- Indicate preferred session dates in the application
Click here for the full leadership exchange application.