Kids Cancer Care is accepting nominations for individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the field of pediatric oncology for The Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee Medal (Alberta) program. Do you know someone deserving of this high honor? Let us know.
What’s The Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee Medal (Alberta)?
The Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee Medal (Alberta) was created to mark the 70th anniversary of Her Majesty’s Accession to the Throne as Queen of Canada and to celebrate individuals who have made outstanding contributions to family, community and country.
What does Kids Cancer Care have to do with this?
Kids Cancer Care has been selected as a partner community organization to choose up to five worthy candidates from the field of pediatric oncology. As a trusted partner, Kids Cancer Care will maintain transparent practices, engaging members of our organization and members of the public to select candidates.
How do I nominate someone?
- Review the criteria below.
- Email us a 50- to 300-character nomination describing the person’s contribution and achievements and why you believe they are deserving of the medal. Please include details such as the candidate’s contact information, their field of endeavor, and how they meet the criteria below. To save on character count, do not include the name of the medal in your description.
- Please include QPJM in the subject line of the email.
What’s the criteria?
The candidate must
- Must be an individual. Nominations are only accepted for individuals, not couples or groups.
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status in Canada.
- Have been alive on February 6, 2022.
- Have made a significant contribution to Canada or a particular region of Alberta, as a part of our community in the field of pediatric oncology.
- Be leaders in their community.
- Have made a significant, long-term and measurable impact to Kids Cancer Care, served as role models and have made significant and lasting contributions in our community (e.g., through research, philanthropy, volunteering, or program development).
What’s the deadline?
The deadline to recommend candidates is September 30, 2022. This deadline is firm. We are unable to accept applications after this date.
Can I tell the person I am nominating them?
No, this is a confidential process. Please do not inform the candidate that their name has been submitted for consideration. Should the candidate be chosen for a medal, the selection committee will inform them.
Will they actually receive a medal? How do they receive it?
A formal medal presentation ceremony will be held later this year. We will share details soon.
- Nominations are only accepted for individuals, not couples or groups.
- This is a confidential process and therefore candidates should not be informed that their names have been submitted for consideration until they are a Medal recipient.
- Deadline to suggest candidates is September 30, 2022. This deadline is firm. We are unable to accept applications after this date.
- Your submission must be sent to this EMAIL and place the initials QPJM in the subject line.
- A formal presentation ceremony of the Medal will be held later this year.